Friday, May 23, 2008

Disney Hollywood Studios

Day 6 - Disney Hollywood Studios (formerly known as MGM). This was the boys favorite park. It had the perfect combination of rides, characters and shows that they liked all of. They liked the other parks too, don't get me wrong, but this one had more of their favorite characters in it. This was my second favorite park. Something about it reminded me a lot of Magic Kingdom... I guess walking into it, down a street... I just love that atmosphere. As soon as we got there, we parked it in front of the big hat & watched the High School Musical 2 show. It was good & I was jammin out and singing along with the songs. Then we headed to see The Little Mermaid and then to see Playhouse Disney Live. This was Kensley's favorite thing of the whole week I think. As soon as we got to the area, Quincy from Little Einsteins and Handy Manny were out signing autographs. The boys got excited about that. Kensley ooohed and ahhhed at them because she watches it daily on the Disney channel. She also got to meet June from LE and she really liked that. We were on the front row for the Playhouse Disney Live show (which wasn't the best seat by the way). They were playing the music from all the shows while everyone was coming in and she just danced her little heart out. A woman beside me made the comment that it was worth the price of admission into the park to see her dancing and having so much fun. Everyone watched her and thought she was so cute. I'll have to post a video clip of her soon so you can see how cute she really is when she's boogieing.

We had lunch and then parked ourselves in the patio area of the restaurant to see the parade. We got the tail end of it just as it was going through the doors to the backstage and again, not the best seat in the house. Most everyone was finished performing and just walked past us. The girls walking with the floats did a little dance number at the end. Then we rode the Star Wars ride... it took a lot of convincing for Carter to get on it. We high tailed it to the last stunt show. That stadium was packed. It was a really cool show and the boys loved it. We got to see the Power Rangers after that... they met the red one and the white one. That made their day and if you ask, they'll say that was the best part of the trip. We played on the Honey I Shrunk the kids movie set and saw the Muppet 3-D show which was really cool. I forgot how neat 3-D stuff is. We saw another 3-D show at Magic Kingdom that was really good. We finally got to ride the Rockin Roller coaster which was the best coaster I've ever been on...0 to 60 in like 10 seconds, really. Carter wasn't big enough to ride it, so we didn't even bother, but Chandler rode it & loved it. Finally, we had to do the Tower of Terror and after a lot of coaxing, convinced Carter to ride it. What the heck were we thinking? I didn't even really want to ride it, but how could I be that close and pass up the chance to say that I did it. I sat out with Kensley for the first round and had a neat conversation with a Dad and his 2 year old daughter that were from London. (*** That's one thing that really amazed me was the diversity of so many people here. I know I talked to so many people or asked if they were waiting in line and they would just look at me. Probably because they didn't speak English.) When all of them came off the ride, Carter was crying. I swear, we've ruined him for life...Space Mountain, Atlantis, Tower of Terror. No one wanted to ride it again, so Corby mustered it up enough to go again with me because he wanted to hear me scream. Thanks hun! Scream I did. I came off that ride with a sore throat. I held on for my dear life and literally came out of my seat with every drop. (For those of you who don't know about this ride, it's an elevator shaft that free falls, shoots you back up a few floors, falls again, and that same thing over and over. ) We ended the night watching Fantasmic which was a fabulous lights show.

I was sad to be finished with all the parks, knowing we had to return home the next day. I soaked up as much as I could as we were leaving. I turned around, took in a big breath and hoped I would remember for a long time how much I enjoyed the week. As much as I was sad to leave, I was kind of glad as well. We were all exhausted from such a busy week and it was going to be nice to go home and sleep in my bed (the beds were horrible at this place). I'm working on writing up some info about our trip...stuff that I've collected from various people, websites and books that helped me a ton. If you've never been or haven't been in a long time, there's A LOT to know to make the most of your trip. I'll be happy to share it with anyone.


at the Entrance to the park


A Star Wars ship/thingy outside the ride


Us at the set of Playhouse Disney Live

Kensley meeting June from Little Ensteins

Red Power Ranger... these dudes didn't talk, but they whopped and flapped around some moves. The boys thought that was so cool. Most every picture after these includes some kind of Power Ranger pose.

Me & Kensley did this ride at least 10 times (from the Honey I Shrunk the Kids set)

The best coaster on the planet... Jammin out to Aerosmith!

All the characters at the Fantasmic Show

Sorcerer Mickey at the end of the show

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am so excited and ready to start making my plans! I am so glad y'all had fun!

Just the way that I am said...

The Rockin Rollercoaster was my favorite too. Aerosmith is one of our favorite bands so it was awesome to ride a ride an listen to their music.

Dori

Blog Archive