Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Magic Kingdom

Day 3... Magic Kingdom. This was my favorite park. I understand why people say Disney is a magical place. As soon as I saw the castle from the monorail I got butterflies. When we walked into main street I stopped for just a second and almost couldn't believe we were there. Animal Kingdom was great, but this was the REAL Disney for me. We took the train to Toontown first in hopes to meet some characters and get some autographs. We did get to meet Mickey & Minnie, but the lines for the others were super long, so we decided to come back to them later. Plus, the boys could have cared less about meeting anyone. They just wanted to ride. I must say the whole Fast Pass & ChildSwap was an ingenious invention. I don't see why people would do it any other way. We figured out pretty quick the best way to utilize Fast Pass. We went through Toontown & Tomorrowland and part of Fantasyland that day. We had another day to come back, so I knew we would only see half of the park. The boys really liked Tomorrowland and I think we rode most everything there. All of us (excluding Kensley) rode Space Mountain. Carter liked it until he got off & thought about it more. That was the first of bad experiences for him. We saw the Monsters Inc show and it was hilarious! We saw the Dreams Come True parade at 3pm and it was so exciting to see all the characters. The park wasn't that crowded until it came time for the parade. I guess because they were all in one spot. That night we got to see the Spectromagic Parade which was really great! and even more crowded than the one before. Then the Wishes fireworks was super! It was the best fireworks show I've ever seen. It's amazing that so many people can be so quite. That was a really late night for us but well worth it. The kids were all asleep before we got out of the parking lot.



My in-laws & us with Mickey & Minnie


Carter with ice cream mouth



Kensley dancing at the parade (she danced all week)
Mickey at the parade
The boys with Buzz (notice facial expression "take the picture Mom... the line is moving")
Daddy & Chandler on the Buzz ride
I love this place... how pretty is that castle

Ahhh, Cinderella
Fireworks show

Main Street USA as we were leaving (look at all those people going in the same direction)

2 comments:

Just the way that I am said...

The magic kingdom was my favorite too. I understand exactly how you felt when you walked in. I feel that everytime. It never gets old. I am loving hearing about your trip.

Dori

Mommy Confidential said...

I just want to know how many total pics you took! Because I know I'll prob need five memory cards just to get down there!!
R

Blog Archive