Sunday, March 18, 2007

Stiiiiirike 3....

Well, we didn't make it. The vomit strikes again. I spent the whole day yesterday cleaning & washing sheets, bed covers, mattress covers, Lysoling everthing to prevent this junk from spreading. I stayed up late last night ironing clothes for church & getting everything ready for Sunday because we always seem to be in a rush. I was actually planning on going early so I could sing with the praise team. But, as Carter was going to bed he said he didn't feel good. I was a little nervous. Kensley woke up around 3am, so I got up with her & put her back down. Then just as I was getting cozy & comfy in bed, I hear him every so softly... "Daddy" in a whimpery little voice. I poked Corby & he didn't budge, so I got up. I went in there to check on him & he appeared to be asleep. I stood there for a minute then he started getting restless. I felt it coming. I'm trying to get him out of the bed & he's dead weight. Mind you, he's on the top bunk too. Our bunk beds are monstrously tall, so it's not an easy feat to pick up 40 pounds from the top bunk. As I'm trying to manuever him to the edge of the bed, he pukes. I yelled because it splattered all over me & on my face.... YUCK! Corby obviously was aware of what was happening by now because he comes barreling in the boys room, slings open the door as if he were announcing... "ta-da... super Daddy is hear"... he flips on the light, throws the bedrail in the floor & whisps Carter to the bathroom. I'm still standing on the ladder covered in puke amazed at how quick he moved so early in the morning. Poor Chandler was traumatized I think. All he knew was that he was peacefully sleeping in his bed & all of a sudden at 3:30 am... lots of noise, commotion & lights! Well, we finally get Carter cleaned up & put him in our bed because it's closer to the bathroom & you don't have to climb a ladder to get in it. I cleaned up his bed, changed my clothes & did a load of laundry before I landed on the couch. Just as all was settling down, he threw up again. Still didn't make it to the bathroom. Corby said he sat up in bed & was like "Daddy I don't feel... bluh!!!" Okay, it's 4am at this point & I've already done one load of laundry and here I go again. We cleaned up again, changed sheets & this time I told Corby that the trash can needs to go in the bed. From there on out, it was every hour on the hour that he wakes up to throw up. At least it was all contained to the trash can or toilet these times. The last time I heard him was around 6. I was hoping to sleep in a little since we had such an eventful night, but Kensley did not cooperate. She was up before 7 & pretty fussy. I can't wait to take a nap today! Carter seems to be feeling better this morning. He begged for Cheerios for breakfast, so we gave them to him. Hopefully he will keep them down.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kendra - Uggggh! Carly had the tummy bug a couple of weeks ago - the first time she has had a bad case of it - was vomiting every 15-20 mins for HOURS. Eventually, we ended up at Children's hospital (I know I have lived in the Twin Cities for a year now, but I had no idea where it was located or that there are actually three different Children's hospitals in the metro area). Thankfully, the Peds Urgent Care gave me a very good map!

After two days there (had to play the patchwork of childcare shuffle for Brayden since Jason was out of town) we went home, only for her to have sequels (cute description, Brae) for two more days before finally getting rid of it for good.

I hope Chandler and Kensley can escape it and you can all get back to feeling better and enjoying your spring weather - those 80's sound nice, we had 66 degrees here in Maple Grove, MN one day last week and broke a thirty year-old record! - Jamie

Blog Archive