Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Carpets, lunch & homework matters

We had the carpets cleaned today. I feel cleaner already. Although the smell is still faint in the boys room, it's way better than before they were cleaned. Me & Carter wasted time in Wal-Mart this morning, then went to MiPueblitos or Mito Pleetoes as Carter calls it for lunch. I was pleasantly surprised to find two friends there & we joined them. It was a nice time. They had their babies as well (1 year & 7 mths) & me with Kensley & Carter. I must say that we were the topic of conversation to everyone who walked by. They probably thought we were crazy trying to have a civlized lunch with all those kids! ha!

I have to complain about homework for a minute. I'll admit, I really didn't expect 1st grade to be such a huge difference from Kindergarten. I don't know why, but I thought we would ease our way into it. Not the case... it was full force from day 1. Anyway, we kept Chandler out of school yesterday to recover. I know he enjoyed being home, but all I could think about was the butt-load of homework he would have today. I don't know if it's just his teacher (who I do like by the way) or 1st grade requirements, but he has to make up EVERYTHING... nothing slides by. I hate homework any day of the week. I just think it's unfair to make a young kid.. or any school aged child for that matter... sit in class for 6 hours a day & then come home to do an hour or more worth of homework. Gimmie a break!!!! They are just kids. I don't remember doing so much homework that young & I turned out just fine. Anyway, he came home with 11 pages of homework today!!!!! Needless to say, we spent the whole afternoon as soon as he got home to finish it all before we left for church. Ugh!!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Kendra,
The last few times we've had classwork to make up, we've just done the homework side. She's never said anything about it.

Jill said...

I just have to say, I AGREE!!! We are in kindergarten but, the homework is bad! With behavioral issues anyway...it's a nightmare! Tom and I hate it! I wish they could do their 6 hours and come home and rest! What can we do about it? Can we get a petition for the school board? HAHA I dread 1st grade. We will be pulling our hair out. Anyway, I was reading over your blog entries, which are hilarious might I say, and I felt compelled to be your A-MEN corner on the homework thing.
Love ya girl,

Jill

Blog Archive