Saturday, March 31, 2007

Gluttony...it's a sin... but it tastes so good

I'm just going to have to admit that I over eat sometimes. Food is just really good to me. I'm a nursing Mom, so I want to eat all of the time. Mostly, stuff that's not good for me. My Mom came up for the weekend since Corby is out of town. We went out to eat tonight at Applebees. What I had was so good ...AND I had dessert (one of the Blondie brownies..mmmmm). That almost never happens. Last weekend, I went out to eat twice (also, never happens) at 2 of my favorite restaurants and pigged out then. I need to commit now to go on a diet for the whole month of April because of what I have ate the past 2 weekends. I am salivating just thinking about all that yummy food. Okay, enough about food, I'm still full from supper.

So, I've been cleaning out my closets trying to switch out winter stuff to spring & summer. Our closets are too little to hold more than one season, so I always have to pack up our stuff. As I have been pulling out clothes a few at a time, I'm realizing that I really don't have much to wear. Last spring & summer I was pregnant & my clothes never saw the light of day for over a year now. As most Mom's do, we spend all our money on our kids. I want to make sure that my kid looks cute in their GAP shirts & shorts and cute little Carter's dresses. But me, nah... I don't need anything. As I have struggled to find something decent to wear that is actually still somewhat in style this season, I realize that I need some clothes. So I went shopping tonight & was pleasantly surprised to find that I have shrunk a size. Yay! That's always a plus for a girl to see. Now, the challenge will be for me to stay that size. I am determined. I'm done having kids, so no more excuses.

No comments:

Blog Archive