Sunday, April 1, 2007

Daddy's home

Corby came home today. Yay!!! We were all very excited to see him. He even brought us all presents (except for Kensley... she'll never know the difference). He brought the boys a t-shirt with San Diego on it. That just makes me think... Carter asked me all week long if Daddy was going to see Diego. He thinks Corby was going to see the cartoon "Go Diego"... Dora's cousin, I think. Cute! Anyway, Corby brought me a t-shirt & hat. They are pink & I was so excited because I love pink & I've been wanting a pink hat for a while. He bought a medium. Bless him. You know good & well that my sisters are not going to fit into a size medium. He realized after he pulled it out & looked at it what he had done. He didn't mean to, but it was the thought that counts. I'll wear it around the house. We are going to call it my hoochie mama shirt, because it fits VERY snug. Hee, hee!

Chandler had an exciting weekend at church. Yesterday he had a Hot Wheels race... ya know, the little cars. He is in AWANA's and they have this Grand Prix race every year. The smaller kids brought their favorite cars to race. The older kids built a car. I think it was some kind of kit, not sure. But they had judging and races for that division as well. Anyway, Chandler's car didn't win... not one single race. He was very disappointed. He thought he was getting a trophy. It's big for him, but just something else to collect dust in my book.



We have an awesome children's ministry at our church. They have worship for elementary kids called KIDS Church. They have about 80+ kids every Sunday. This morning they led worship for 2 of our services and tonight they performed an Easter program. It was really good. They mostly sang songs & had some skits in between. I love to watch the kids though. It's hilarious because some really get into it & do all the motions & other just have this blank stare on their face like they don't have a clue what's going on. Chandler kind of looks like the blank stare in this picture. You can't see him real good, but he's behind the kid in the navy.

No comments:

Blog Archive