Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Recipe

My Mom told me about this recipe for broccoli & it's great! Even Carter eats it... that's saying a lot. He calls it "cook...Ed" broccoli. Anyway, here it is:
Baked Broccoli
Place raw broccoli crowns cut into bite size pieces into a baking dish. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil & sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake at 350 for 20 min.

Delish... as Rachel Ray calls it.

I went shopping yesterday with all 3 kids by myself to Gastonia. I thought, "okay, it's a quick trip just to exchange a few things... no big deal". I really don't understand why boys feel the need to play tag in the clothes racks of stores. I know they are just kids, but com'on! I know I said at least 10 times... get out of the racks & stay by me. Now, honestly, I was just trying to get my stuff exchanged & get out of the store. I didn't follow through while I was trying to discipline in the middle of searching for shorts... and I knew they really were not listening. But after knocking off several clothes into the floor & squeals that rang throughout the store, I'd had enough. I turned to them & pulled them both by the arm & got my serious face on. I threatened to drop everything & go straight to the van to get the paddle if they didn't straighten up. It worked long enough for me to get through check out. When I got in the van & headed home, I reminded myself to never take a "quick trip" to G-town again... at least not with all 3 kids.

No comments:

Blog Archive