Sunday, March 25, 2007

Finally a good weekend

It's been nice this weekend not having to deal with puke or poop... ahh... relief. The weather is great... actually a little hot, but I don't mind. At least everyone is well in my home.

Friday night a friend went with me to a consignment sale. It was the first night of the sale; a private sell for anyone who consigned items. When you get a bunch of crazed moms in one place trying to buy stuff for their kids... watch out! First of all, it was so packed in this place you barely had room to walk, let alone me pushing my stroller around really small spaces. Then you got these "mad" moms walking around with their laundry baskets on their hips bumping you left & right trying to work their way between you & the hundred other people standing beside you all trying to look through the girls size 6 months clothes.... whew! I didn't find much needless to say. I love a great bargain, but I'm not patient enough to sort through piles of stuff to get it. I'm also not rude enough to cut off someone in the middle of a rack. After we stood in line for 30 minutes to pay for the few things we bought, we went to eat at Chilis. Mmmmm... I love that place. It was worth all the rucus to get to eat there.

Saturday I spent the day on the road mostly. Fortunately, it was just me & Kensley. I had a baby shower in Charlotte that morning. I got to spend a few minutes catching up with some friends I haven't seen in a long time. That was nice. Then we were off again to Gastonia to have lunch with my college girlfriends. Unfortunately, the number dwindled throughout the morning & it ended up being only 3 of us who could make it. Sick kids, broken cars, birthdays & births prevented everyone from making it, but that's life...I understand. We try to get together a couple times a year to see each other. The funny thing is that most of us have had a kid all in the past year. I can't wait to line all of them up & take their picture. I would have never guessed in college that all of us would be pregnant at the same time. That's neat! After we ate I went to pick up the boys at my parents house... so on the road again to Granite Falls. My dad gave all the kids...including Kensley... a ride on the lawnmower around the yard. She loved it. Then we ate supper with them & headed home. I actually went to bed early last night.... 10pm. Considering the fact that I was up several times with Kensley & trying to break her of night feedings... I didn't really get much extra sleep. But that's a whole other post itself.

No comments:

Blog Archive