Thursday, August 7, 2008

Children's Consignment Sale

It's that time of year again... consignment sale. I've done this one in particular for several years now. I love to shop there & I really love the check I get when it's over, but I always dread getting ready for this sale. It's A LOT of work! You have to tag, price, hang, box, bag... etc. whatever it is you are selling before you take it to drop off. I have a small house & not a lot of room to spread out stuff while I am preparing. This year I have 6+ tubs of clothes... that's just clothes & not all the toys, shoes & other stuff I will take. I had the bright idea of taking several tubs with me to my parents this week to tag. I thought I might make it through 1 1/2... but I did all 3 tubs plus 2 more tubs that I found in their basement. Granted, they are not on hangers yet, but the hard part it done. I'm on a role!

** If you know anyone who might be interested in looking through me stuff before I drop off, I would love to get rid of a good chunk before I take it... otherwise I probably won't have room to fit it all in my van. I've got girls 0-3 mth to 12 mths and boys 2T to size 6.

3 comments:

Mamascraps said...

Wow - that sounds like a lot of work, girl! I sell all of Brice's "last season" stuff on ebay twice a year and I am gearing up for it this month. I wish we had a local consignment event like that - have fun :)

Just the way that I am said...

I want to come look. Let me know when it is convenient for you and I will talk budget with Alan.

Pollock Family said...

We just had our Weeruns sale...I made $350! Good luck!

Blog Archive