Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tech junkie

I think I've figured out that's what I am. I just watched a segment on the Today show about people who are addicted to the internet & all their high-tech stuff. Granted, I'm not a phone "texter", but I'm addicted to my computer. My blog & reading others, I always have to check my email, I freak out if I leave my phone when I'm gone, you know the usual stuff that we as a country have accumstomed ourselves to that we would have never dreamed of when we were kids. I read my daily devotion on the computer, I listen to music on the computer, I keep my bank account stuff on the computer. When I have some free time, I don't look forward to sitting down & watching TV or going outside for a walk, I want to get on the computer. It's sad. I was just thinking this morning after I laid Kensley down for her morning nap that I wanted to update my online photo album so I can finish my digital scrapbook (one of my favorite things). I finished my laundry pile yesterday, so I have some time to work on it & not feel guilty. Until I watched that show. Actually, I didn't watch it, I was just listening to it in the background as I'm on the computer. See...I'm addicted.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Believe it or not...it may pass! I was like that; especially when the children were napping, asleep or at school. Then it was during supper, during laundry, during cleaning, during conversations! Then, all of a sudden, like a wind of change, I got interested in something, (I can't even remember!) and the "spell" was broken. I still am online way too much, and working makes me want to run home to check on things online. But, it has actually made me stop and talk to people personally. I had actually missed their voices. When Ben would email me, he was short and to the point and I always thought he was mad or grumpy. He just sounded better on the phone! But, that means I became a phone junky. Technology...who knew? Things were simpler in Laura Ingle's world! The devil had other tools then. Not to worry my dear....it's exciting and fun and you are not neglecting your family, friends, or God, if you put them first.

Blog Archive