Thursday, February 21, 2008

My butt is sore

I took the boys skating tonight. It was a lot of fun & I haven't got to spend time with just them in a while. It was spirit night for their school and one other so there were tons of kids all over the place. Those kids are WILD when they get on skates! I haven't skated in probably 10 years or more, so I was a little cautious getting out on the floor. I took one lap around first to make sure it was all coming back to me. Chandler can skate... semi-decent. He doesn't fall much & he gets the concept of how to get around the rink. Carter on the other hand was on the floor more than on his two feet. I had to help him around a few times before he was convinced to keep going. Then I spent the remainder of the time with a death grip on his hands & trying to balance myself & him as well. He'll probably have a dislocated shoulder and bruised butt & hips in the morning from falling so much. I, on the other hand, will definitely have a bruised backside. I was creamed by a kid. He rammed right into the back of me, we both fell & his leg ended up under me with me landing on his skate. I have a perfect circle (the size of a skate wheel) on my hiney. I almost wanted to cry & then slap the kid, but I mustered enough umpf to get up and go on...very slowly I might add. He at least was nice enough to ask if I was okay. I'm telling you these kids were ruthless out there. Cutting in front of people, slamming into walls right in front of us, darting in & out... it was ridiculous. I don't know how many times they had to come over the loud speaker & tell kids to slow down & watch out for others around them.
**As I'm sitting in a hard chair to type this, I'm leaning to the left... as to not put pressure on my right bum. I need to be sitting on one of those rings, ha!
PS... spell check is finally working again!

2 comments:

Mommy Confidential said...

I love skating!! But not with all the monkeys, we did a birthday party a few weeks ago and I seriously looked liked one of those macys day balloons deflated. too bad, and I was so smooth back in the day!!Good luck with the bruises! R

Janet Ritter said...

Your posts always make me laugh! The girls were invited to a bday party at a skating rink last month....we didn't go to the party because I didn't want to put skates on and spend the entire party on my butt:)

Blog Archive