Friday, June 15, 2007

A Nice Clean House

I love having a clean house. I sleep better, I feel better, I feel cleaner. However, I have 3 kids... it don't stay clean long. Why is it that you work your butt off for several hours, back & forth from room to room finding a spot for all the stuff. Then the next day, it all magically appears again... on counters, in the floor, on tables, etc. Why can't we all, including myself, just put it back where it was? I think, oh I'll just sit it here until I can get to it. That's half my problem, I've blogged about my scatterbrain before. Our junk spot is the end of the bar. Everything under the sun appears there. I cleaned it off today and I'll bet tomorrow, it will be full by the end of the day.
I've been on a cleaning spree the past week. Since the boys have not been here, I feel like I can devote some serious time to cleaning out. I've already gone through their room, but it could use it again. I've been digging in closets all week long getting rid of stuff for a yard sale. I don't keep hardly anything when I'm cleaning out. On the other hand, my husband keep every scrap piece of paper you can find. He "might" need a number on it. Sure, okay, whatever. I just add it to his ever growing pile that get transferred from room to room, to his car, to his office, then usually back home. Anyway, getting back on subject. I cleaned out the closet in the living room that seems to have the most random stuff in it. It's a pretty small closet, but if you would have seen all the stuff that came out of it, you probably wouldn't believe it all fit. I've kind of been at a halt with some of this stuff. Some of it I got for my wedding. I've been married for 11 years... most of it is not in style anymore, plus I don't have any of the same furniture, so it really doesn't match. Do I keep it for sentimental reasons or yard sale it? Because our house is so small & I need any extra inch of space I can get, I yard saled most of it.

Side note: I've found the best dish clothes ever... actually my Mom found them & told me about them. They are Scotch Brite (I think) microfiber dishcloths. I got them at Wal-Mart in a 2 pack for about 3 bucks. They were on the same aisle at the dish detergent, not with all the other kitchen towels. These should be an essential in every kitchen. They clean so well, soak up a lot of stuff & get rid of spots that never come up with regular clothes. You should try them.

No comments:

Blog Archive