Monday, June 11, 2007

Camp week..woo, hoo!

"Praise the hallelujah!" as Carter would say... the boys are in Y camp all week. I've got so much stuff to catch up on and now I feel like I have the freedom to do it. Although, I need to be working instead of sitting here blogging (I'm staring at a mountain of dishes that need to be put into the dishwasher)... but who cares... it's my week. I've heard so much arguing over the past couple weeks that I am looking forward to some peace and quiet for a few days. I've got a card order to finish, house cleaning to catch up on, yard sale stuff to go through, etc, etc,... the list goes on.

We heard a great message yesterday at church. Our pastor talked about the fruits of the spirit. It was an introduction message to the series that he is starting. My goal this week is to refresh myself so that I can exude the fruits of the spirit to my family. I need a refresher this week to get myself back into whack. I have a good idea that I want to do with my family. Each week as we study a different fruit, we'll focus on that in our house. I really want to follow through with this one (I'm bad to have great plans, but a poor follow-through). You blog readers can keep me in check.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kendra-
we actually did this one summer a few years ago. i made a big tree that hung on my wall in the kitchen and i made 9 apples that had the names of the fruit of the spirit on them. we studied one each wednesday. we gave scriptures to support it, gave examples of what it would look like to them, and we sang a fruit of the spirit song. then during the week as i saw them exhibiting that particular f.o.s., we wrote down on a leaf what they did and who did it and dated it and hung it on the tree on that branch. by the end of the summer our entire tree was full and they still talk about that. we are actually going to publish it and sell it to whoever ( homeschoolers, sunday schools, prek's ). it was really neat!! good luck!
love ya! brae

Blog Archive