Monday, May 21, 2007

A Weekend in Statesville





We had a great weekend in Statesville. It was a full weekend, but everyone had a great time. The kids always love when they are with their cousins. Friday when we got to Statesville, there was a brush fire down the road from MamMaw's house. Chandler & Carter got to see the fire trucks come by & watch them hose down the fire. (it wasn't a big fire... but Chandler is a firetruck junkie & loved it). Saturday was the baby shower for Corby's sister Amanda. We had a good crowd & great food. Saturday afternoon everyone (except me, Kensley, Amanda, Preston & Lauren) went to the the Lazy 5 ranch in Mooresville. We've all been there before, but it's been a while & my kids freaked out last time we were there. Corby said they were much better this go round & were interested in petting the animals. We had a big cookout/birthday party Saturday night. After supper, my in-laws came up with a scavenger hunt. Each family had to participate. It was so much fun & I haven't laughed so hard in a while. Everyone was running around like crazy & I was trying to, but since I am so well endowed in the northern hemisphere of my body, I was running around holding my boobs so I didn't beat myself to death. The worst part was it's on video!!! They also had a water balloon launcher & were seeing who could launch them the furthest & who they could hit. We had planned on a bonfire & campout Sat night. But since it's been so dry & especially since there was a fire right down the road the day before, we decided to do that part another time. Sunday everyone went to church & we hung around the house for the afternoon. Wanda had stuff for all the kids to decorate safari hats. The kids played with water balloons & soaked each other while the adults sat on the porch and relaxed... it was nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such entertainment for me!
The pictures are great!!! Mom

Blog Archive