Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I love Christmas! It's my favorite holiday & I love atmosphere of the season. Some people cringe at hearing Christmas music before Thanksgiving, but I LOVE it... sometimes I've even been know to start listening to it in August (yes, I just said..typed... that). Now that it's official, I'm even more excited. I went Christmas shopping this weekend and had so much fun with my Mom, aunt & cousin. I love the smells of walking into a store scented with cinnamon & peppermint & I love seeing all the decorations everywhere. One of my favorite things is driving through uptown Shelby & seeing the court square trees glowing with white lights and waiting in line at the Santa House & freezing my bum off. I love the excitement of seeing my kids yell when they see Christmas tree lights as we drive down the road & I love to hear Kensley scream "Tigger" at the Tigger snowman inflatable on our road. I love to drive to see Christmas lights (although, I haven't found anything spectacular in the past few years) and I love the joy that seems to linger throughout most everywhere you go. I love the anticipation of snow (although it hasn't snowed in forever here & I can only really remember 2 Christmases growing up that it actually did snow). Regardless, it's fun to wish and I love snowmen!

So here's to a wonderful season & blue is my color this year... (the new blog look & my Christmas cards). May we stay focused on the true meaning of this season... Jesus Christ our Lord & Savior. May we all feel the joy & excitement of HIM... because He is the only reason all of this happens anyway. I heard this in a movie this weekend... it was said "God came from heaven to earth... in the form of a tiny baby boy... to save YOU!"

2 comments:

Just the way that I am said...

This is my absolute favorite time of year and holiday as well. I have been known to watch Christmas movies in July. It has been really fun staritng our advent again this ear because Carson is starting to understand it all and get excited so that is really fun.

EngineersFalcon said...

Blue and white or silver are my favorite Christmas combination. I am a bit stingy with my holiday music, not because I don't LOVE it, but because that is how I make it special - the 11 month wait. Our family's current fav is VeggieTales christmas - so fun!

Blog Archive