Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm stuffed

I have a tradition in my family that I've tried to pass to the kids and this year I think it finally took, with the boys at least. I've always, as long as I can remember, watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. I remember getting up early (well, 9am was early for me back then) just to watch the parade, looking forward to seeing all the "big" balloons characters & seeing my favorite group/band/actors perform or wave & smelling Mom cooking in the kitchen all morning. This kind of kicks off Christmas for me. I look forward to it each year but the kids have never really been interested in watching it. They may come & go in spurts and watch a few minutes, but it's never held their attention and they've never been excited about it... until this year. I mentioned it a few days ago & Carter has asked about it everyday. We got up around 7:30 this morning & the boys asked all morning "how much longer until the parade comes on?" That really tickled me to hear those words! They sat & watched almost all of it today. (I watched it too, but I was the one in the kitchen cooking this time.) All 3 of them were even curled up on the couch for a little while.


After lunch we headed to Morganton to my Aunt Connie's house for Thanksgiving with my family. I ate too much as usual, the boys had too much caffeine & cookies and we sat around all afternoon & enjoyed some relaxing time with family... as usual. The kids played in the leaves and took their annual ride with Mimi in Brandon's big army truck.


Here's a few more pics of our day

Kensley was a little unsure of laying in the leaves!



Here's my whole family... me, Daddy, Corby, Brandon (cousin), Chandler, Carter, Mom, Kensley, Aunt Connie, Dereama (cousin)

1 comment:

EngineersFalcon said...

I love pics of kids burried to their necks in leaves! Happy Fall and Happy Christmas Season!

Blog Archive