Friday, December 5, 2008

Getting ready for Christmas

I've been so behind with my blog lately & I've got tons of pictures to share, so this is going to be a long blog today. Here we go....

Putting up the Christmas tree
The boys assembled the tree for me the day before Thanksgiving. It was great!
All I had to do was fluff a few branches, but then the hard part came of putting on the lights & decorating. I decided to do a themed tree this year... white, silver & blue... I think it's pretty.

We took our pre-K class on a field trip this week to a Christmas tree farm here in Shelby. It was a really neat trip...kinda makes me want to buy a real tree again.


We went to Chick-fil-A last night for school spirit night & it was Pictures with Santa Cow


Making a gingerbread house
I've always wanted to do this with the kids but I don't particularly like to do projects that make a mess, so I've waited a few years on this one. The kids had fun decorating the house & mostly liked eating the icing & candy... especially Kensley.




Chandler got creative with his last lick of icing... I think this is pretty funny!




And the final project...

2 comments:

EngineersFalcon said...

Chandler is a riot! In a few years you will have to have a boys vs girls gingerbread decorating contest. We did that last year and it was a BLAST - we had 4 judges (family coming by for dinner) and they did not know whose was whose. The girls won unanimousely (however you spell that!)

Amy said...

Kendra,
I just returned home from Houston and enjoyed visiting with Corby, he said you have gone to the Women of Faith Conference. My sister and I are going in February we can't wait! I prey that someday our families will meet. Anyway, I have a question I know you can answer... How do you put the wrap on your blog? I want to make mine look prettier but I can't figure it out? Do you have to pay for it? Please let me know. Also, I love the dancing elves!
Amy

Blog Archive