Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Beach Trip

Every fall we always vacation with Corby's family... either in the mountains or at the beach. This year it was the beach rotation, so we headed down to Myrtle Beach for the weekend. It was so much fun... as always. The kids love spending time with all their cousins and it's nice to spend time with Corby's parents, brothers & sisters. There are 22 of us in all (Corby has 4 brothers & sisters). MamMaw Wanda had lots of activities planned and that's always so much fun to see what she's come up with. This year we had Beach Olympics. All the kids & the adults participated in everything from tug-of-war to being blinded folded & making a dash for the ocean to bring back a bucket of water to being an adult " baby" while the kids dressed & took care of us...needless to say, we laughed a lot this weekend. We also made stepping stones for MamMaw & PapPaw's front yard. All the grand kids make one to send home with them & then we got to make one to bring home. This was a really cool project! I took a ton of pictures (as usual) and might I add that I LOVE my new camera. Here's a little video that I made... I hope it works.

6 comments:

Pollock Family said...

I love the ideas that Corby's mom comes up with! That is such a neat tradition and the kids will always remember them! I hope I'm that kind of Grandmother someday!

Pollock Family said...

I forgot to tell you that I love the video! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Kendra, You did a great job with the video! I'm just so proud of you!
luv, Mom

Mamascraps said...

That's a great video! I know you love that camera, lol :)

EngineersFalcon said...

Love the video - glad the camera rocked!

Amy said...

You are so creative great job on the video! If I only knew how to do it? What a beautiful family!

Blog Archive