Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Another milestone celebrated!

With toddlers or little ones in general, you are always celebrating some kind of milestone they've achieved. Today, Kensley peed on the potty! I couldn't believe it. I've been sitting her on the potty for months now before I put her in the tub & it's been nothing... as expected... I was just getting a routine established & practicing sitting (it worked for my other 2, so I wanted to continue it with her). She's been asking randomly over the past few months to go pee-pee on the potty when I change her diaper. We go sit & she says "pee-pee-pee-pee" and then she's done.


Anyway.... when I got her out of the tub tonight, she said "pee pee on potty". So I sat her on the potty & as usual, nothing. When I laid her on the changing table to put her jammies on, she pee-peed a little on her towel. I said no-no and told her lets do that on the potty. So back we went to the potty & she sat there & smiled at me like usual & then wanted down. But I told her no, that she needed to pee on the potty like she just did in her room. So she sat & a little trickle came out. I screamed with excitement and clapped. The rest of the clan piled into the bathroom to celebrate her accomplishment, so she peed more. We clapped & praised her again, then she peed a lot! Of course at this point I flashed forward & thought "could she possibly be ready to potty train?... I just bought a super-mega pack of diapers at Sam's... I should have bought pull-ups instead". We've got a long way to go, but the thought of being out of diapers pretty soon was really kind of scary to me. I definitely won't miss the extra money I spend on diapers & wipes but I guess because my baby is growing up. Also the fact that she's a girl & I'll have to sit her on a public toilet. That grosses me out!



*I have to censor my material, so no laws are broken or anything on here.

1 comment:

EngineersFalcon said...

Congrats - I love to hear stories of little ones that learn it so naturally - neither of mine did, so I am VERY happy for you. It is a great first step.

Blog Archive