Friday, July 11, 2008

Random things


This is not a site you should see when you live in the city limits AND in the middle of the summer... at least I don't think so. Yes, we had a deer in our backyard. The night before Corby & the boys were outside at sunset & they said one ran through our neighborhood right up through our yard & into the woods. I wonder if it's the same one. Anyway, I was in the kitchen the other day when I noticed something moving around back there. Then pops out this thing. It was looking right at me too when I took the picture. This isn't the first time we've seen deer in our yard. A few years back we had about 5 back there.

I've been swamped with VBS registration this week. Ours started last night at church and runs every Wednesday through the rest of the summer. I'm in charge of registration, so I had lots of kids to put in lots of different places & lots of prep-work to do so we were sure to have a smooth registration. We had a huge crowd last night... a rough estimate of about 120. It's going to be a great program this year.

Speaking of last night... there was a tornado that hit Boiling Springs. Why did this not get any news coverage????? I got a voice mail while I was at church from a friend who lives there & she said it came right through her neighborhood. She said stuff was everywhere... her neighbors brand new back deck was in the middle of the road, people's trampolines were folded in half, trees down & uprooted everywhere, power lines down, swing sets mushed... crazy! We drove around this afternoon & observed all the damage. It reminded me of my first year of college & a tornado went through Gardner-Webb. That was scary! Corby was standing in the cafeteria & watched it go between 2 buildings. It flipped cars upside down & even busted the back windshield of my car.

2 comments:

Mamascraps said...

I will never forget that tornado - Stacy and I were driving back to Shelby and it looked like a war zone.

EngineersFalcon said...

VBS registration was great - we were impressed with everything Wed night. We can tell that a lot of work went into it. The kids had a blast, Corby was a riot (was the experiment supposed to bubble up that big?) and we are looking forward to the rest of the summer.

Blog Archive