Sunday, March 2, 2008

Catching up

It's been a doozy of a week..lots of catching up to do. I haven't blogged in a week, my house looks like a tornado hit it, I'm SO tired and there is lots more to be done. Let me start with backing up one week today. Last Sunday, Corby came into church saying he didn't feel well. I didn't think much of it until the day progressed. He started having chills & achy and I thought "uh oh... here it comes". He's been sick most of the week. We had a discussion later in the week & laughed about it, but honestly, when he's sick, he's out of commission... completely. He didn't really complain much, but I didn't give him the opportunity to because I was busy doing other stuff & I confined him to the bedroom (so none of the rest of us would get sick). When I'm sick, I don't get time off. I still go on with daily life, feeling like crap and do what needs to be done. That's the life of a Mom. Part of our joke later in the week was that men know how to rest & get better when they are sick... they do nothing. If a mom realistically could do that I would love to know how. Anyway, he's on the mend... it was a viral infection with coughing & congestion. He's back to contributing to the family again. I'm glad!


It was a busy week in general.. errands to be run, meetings at school, other stuff at school, breakfast date with some friends, getting stuff ready for a consignment sale... blah, blah, blah. To add to my stress, Carter decided this week that he didn't want to go to school anymore. It started Monday. His teacher called that afternoon & said Carter told her he didn't feel well & wanted to come home. However, he was running around playing, acting like nothing was wrong. I told her he was probably fine & it probably had something to do with Corby being home. Then Tuesday morning came. He complained that his stomach was hurting & started crying. As I'm trying to get the boys ready for school, make lunches, feed them breakfast, occupy Kensley, etc. Carter starts crying. I calmed him down & told him if he really felt bad, I would come get him from school (anything to get him out the door). I knew he was fine, but he has the "nervous poops" as I like to call it, therefore he thinks he's sick. He was fine on the ride to school & as I pulled in to drop them off he starts crying. Here I am in my PJ's & bedroom shoes trying to convince Carter to get out of the car because I can't walk him in the school. He doesn't buy it. Finally as I've held up the car line for 5 minutes, one of the teachers comes & gets him & walks with him to class. I still had the fear that I would be going back up there to get him. 8:45 am, he teacher calls & says he can't get it together & I need to come get him. GREAT! So here I go back up to the school to pick him up. I knew he wasn't sick, but what am I supposed to do. We get home, he plays a little, watches some TV & I ask if he really was sick & he just smiles at me. Little Stinker! I assured him that he was fine & he WOULD be going back to school tomorrow. Wed. morning rolls around, he gets up at 6:30 am (never gets up that early) and cries until I drag him in the class room and peel him off of me at 8am. My nerves were shot that day. Thursday, the same thing. Friday, Corby walked him into the class & he cried again. I don't know what's going on. Once he gets to school, he's fine, but he gets the "nervous poops" all morning getting ready for school and cries. I'm hoping it was all related to Corby being home & since we are back into the swing of things now, he'll be okay this week.


On a lighter note, Kensley is cracking us up these days. She talks all of the time & says new words daily. I am now "mommy" instead of "mama" and her nummy, nummy has been reduced to "numma" and a point of the finger. She is now running everywhere. I bought her some new clothes & shoes for spring & I was trying them on her the other day & after I would put something on, every time she would say "daddy" and run to go show him. Here's a picture of her first pigtails & of all of them watching TV together.

1 comment:

Mommy Confidential said...

How cute are those pigtails? How long did it take me to properly spell pigtails? Geez. Glad to hear everyone is all better, was wondering if you had any congrats for a baby girl cards? I need a few. I'll be picking up some stuff over at Bobbies later in the week, just call or email me..R

Blog Archive