Saturday, February 2, 2008

Funny kids

We've had an eventful day... in a good way. Both boys had a basketball game this morning AND I forgot my camera once again. Carter scored 2 baskets in his game AND I missed them... again! (because I was out roaming the halls with Kensley) I've only got 2 or 3 games left until the season is over. Chandler's game was really good today. The first half was boring and uneventful, but the 2nd half, everyone was on the edge of their seats. Funny thing is, the team we played, the coach is a friend of ours that we go to church with. Nothing heated, just a really intense game and it ended up in a tie.

This afternoon has been laid back & I loved it! I'm usually go, go, go, especially when Corby is here to help with the kids. Corby took the boys to a birthday party, but other than that, I didn't do a thing. I do have some funny stories to report though.

Let's start with the Carter Chronicles... it's been a few weeks. He didn't make up some elaborate story this time, it's just funny. I saw his assistant teacher at the Y today and she said she was talking to Carter one day this week. Somehow they got on the subject of what he had for supper the night before and he told her chicken enchiladas. She said "oh that sounds yummy" and he responded yes. She asked what was in it. He then leaned his head down and kind of quietly said "it's made with throw up". Of course she proned more to see what the deal was. She said "i'm sure she doesn't make it with throw up" and he said "yes, it's made with throw up but it tastes good". After that she tried to convince him that it really couldn't be made of that and he still insisted it was, but even quieter each time he said it & then he just said "oh, never mind". She was cracking up! She loves his stories. That makes me a little nervous sometimes.

Then we have Miss Priss. She loves to chew gum. The other day we were leaving a restaurant and she was chomping away at something and just a smiling at me. I asked Corby what she had in her mouth and he replied "gum". I almost freaked out, but he said it was a really small piece. Thing is, she chewed it all the way home. It was hilarious! She also played outside this afternoon. She's mastered the small playground stairs and slide all by herself. She was so dirty but didn't seem to mind. (Although I did)
I can't think of anything specific that Chandler has done other being his goofy self. He's a jokester and acts just like his Daddy. He enjoys being the center of attention but not to the point that he's arrogant or anthing like that.

Corby & I are doing a skit at church tomorrow. This is my first "performance" of this matter, but Corby is an old pro at it now. I'm a little nervous, but it should be pretty funny. It preceeds the sermon tomorrow and they usually put the sermons online each week. If we end up making the final cut, I'll let you know where you can view it.

No comments:

Blog Archive