Monday, February 11, 2008

Boys... siblings... help!

I've got lots of new ideas for posts, but I can't do them all at one time because that's no fun (and be way too long). So, I'm trying to remember everything when I think of it. I've already lost several thoughts because I didn't write them down on my trusty little fridge dry erase board... which doesn't always help.

Thought #1- I have boys. They are close in age. They fight. About everything. I guess because I grew up an only child & wasn't around boys much, I just don't get it... meaning the whole sibling rivalry thing. They also piddle... FOREVER... when it comes to getting ready or doing something in a timely manner. I enforced a new rule today that if I have to tell you more than 2 times to do something, you get a spanking with a longer wooden spoon than I normally use. It's worked so far today. Well, sort of. This afternoon I asked several times for them to be quite because Kensley was sleeping. After two times of friendly reminders I invited them to the kitchen (while I was preparing supper) to meet the new spoon. I made them turn around, touch their toes, reach to the celing, touch their toes again and the new spoon kissed their bottoms. They laughed. It's not gonna be funny when they get the real thing. Anyway, I guess because they are getting older that I expect more out of them, especially Chandler. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with "the piddles" or "the fighters"? I've got 3 kids, one of whom requires a lot more attention than the other 2. I don't have the resources to be in 3 places at one time or deal with 3 different things at the same time. My brain will explode. I'm great at multi-tasking, but not that good. I would love to hear some ideas or suggestions of what you do with your kids to get them to listen & behave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Start taking away some of their toys as in their game boy, no candy or gum, no T.V., etc. Do one thing at a time. Or if all else fails, let Daddy take care of it when he gets home after you've written down all the incidences on a sheet of paper. Keep it on the fridge where they can see it.
Mom

Blog Archive