Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Wasting time

In all truth, I should be going to bed right now. Instead, I've been surfing the net for the past hour looking at junk. Well, mostly junk. I started out looking for the track to a song I'm planning on singing at church & that just led to other non productive stuff. In passing through worthless websites on stuff that doesn't matter, I was reminded of something that excited me. I'm admitting my age and "cheesyness"... is that a word?.... anyway. I was a HUGE fan of New Kids On the Block growing up. I owned everything that I could have possible purchased & went to every concert within driving distance...don't know how I convinced my Mom of that. Me & my BFF Julie were NKOTB freaks! I even got front row tickets once to a concert. Although he wasn't my favorite, Donnie touched my hand at that concert & I don't think I washed it for a week. (I know... gross!) Anyhoooo... they are getting back together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get so excited just typing that. They have a website that 's up & running & they've been posting updates about once a week. The first was a bunch of fuzzy pictures of them from back in the early 90's on a TV screen. The next was those same pictures only in color and you could hear them singing a new song... something about getting back together & never leaving again...and . The latest update is a bunch of blimps of newcasts announcing of them getting back together. I can't wait until they show something recent. I will so be there when they tour. I may even have to travel, but I'm going. Just think of how many 30 something's will be at that concert screaming like teenagers.
I'm going to bed now.

3 comments:

The Gardner Gang said...

I think the late hour has affected your brain dear. It will be alright... Uh I have no words. I guess you arn't perfect :)
Love ya anyway
H
P.S. Equaly pittiful confession. I went to the American Idol concert to see Clay Aken. Sorry to shatter the illusion that I was perfect.

Unknown said...

OKAY!!! I have to let you in on my little secret! I was totally in love with the NKOTB! Actutally Donnie was my favorite.....I can't wait to touch your hand. I even had a Donnie doll that my Barbie would often marry. I know he wasn't the cutest but I thought that if I went for him there was a good chance we could end up together. (you know my imagination) I never made it to a concert but I would have loved too. If you go and need someone your age to attend with you let me know. I could even get one of my youth to go to cover up the fact that we were there for ourselves. LOL!

Unknown said...

I had no idea you liked them.. when I heard they might be getting together, I told Brandon that I would go even if I had to go by myself.. I'm glad to know that I can go with you!!! Woohoo!

Blog Archive