Friday, November 23, 2007

Gobble, Gobble

We had a nice Thanksgiving...on the road a good bit, but still got to see most of the family. Corby had to help with the annual Turkey Trot/Fun Run in Boiling Springs that morning (it's a YMCA run). I always look forward to watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade... although, I rarely get to watch much of it at all. Chandler started flipping the channels at 8:55 & I put a halt to that at once. I declared that "on Thanksgiving Day we will always have the TV on the parade." It's a tradition that I grew up with & I want my kids to continue it as well.

At lunch we headed to Morganton to eat with my family at my Aunt Connie's house. My cousin Dereama was in town from TN as well. We all ate until we were stuffed like a turkey ourselves. The boys had their usualy ride in a military truck. My cousin Brandon collects old military vehicles and the boys love to ride in them. It's seems to be a tradition he's started over the past few years. We visited for a while and then headed to Statesville to Corby's family gatherings. We went to his grandparents house (his Mom's parents) for supper with the Wyatt family and then to his parents church for another supper with the Haneline family. We didn't eat at both, just nibbled as I say. My kids had about 20 cookies each over the course of the day. We made sugar cookies with sprinkles on Wednesday and they love them. After our rounds in Statesville, we headed back home. It was nice to get to see everyone and spend little time with family.

Today we spent the day decorating for Christmas. The boys always look forward to helping put up the tree and have been asking when we can for a couple weeks. I refuse to do it before Thanksgiving, so we usually end up doing it the day after. We decorated the outside this morning and this afternoon we worked on the tree. Apparently I got rid of a lot of decorations last year, so the tree is looking a little slim. After all the hooplah of Black Friday and the day after sales, I'll hit the stores to restock. I'm tired and tired of looking at all the boxes in my living room floor, so I'm off to bed. I'll deal with all the mess tomorrow.

No comments:

Blog Archive