Friday, August 24, 2007

Multi-tasker

I've had a lot on my mind the past couple days, so I've got to catch up from the past week. If you get bored with my ramblings, I apologize. Last night I was thinking about all the multi-tasking that only a Mom can do or understand. This is really my daily routine... all day, just with different stuff. It's pretty amazing when you look at it written down. Here's my story from last night starting about 7:40 pm:

I started to cook pancakes for supper, the baby pooped... pour pancake...change diaper...put baby back in high chair... wash hands... flip pancake... feed baby pears... plate pancake... pour another...cut up pancake into bite size pieces, pour syrup, serve kid #1... flip pancake... "mom, I need some drink"(kid #1)... get milk out of fridge... flip pancake... "no, I don't want milk...gimmie water..hurry I'm really thirsty!"(kid #1)... get water bottle out of fridge... plate pancake... pour another...serve another pancake to kid #2... flip pancake, serve almost empty glass of milk to kid #2... "i'm done mom (kid #1)...."okay, go brush your teeth & put on PJ's (me)"... plate pancake... "I want another pancake"(kid #2)... pour another pancake... serve more pears to baby banging sippy cup on highchair... flip pancake... make more batter... plate pancake #2 to kid #2... pour another pancake... go down hall to check on kid #1 who is running around in his underwear wanting to wear long-sleeve, long pants to bed... explain why you don't wear long pj's to bed in summer... try to find pj's that he won't fuss about, but unsuccessful... go back to kitchen to flip pancake... "mom, i want another pancake (kid #2)"... go to laundry room in search of clean pj's... plate pancake, cut into pieces, pour syrup, serve pancake #3 to kid #2...pour another pancake... serve more pears to baby... back to boys room to search for shorts to match pj top... back to kitchen to flip pancake... "mom, i need some drink"... pour OJ to serve kid #2, plate pancake... pour another pancake... give baby a toy to play with until bath time... yell at kid #1 to "have you done what i've asked you to do"... kid #1 still running around in underwear chasing kid #2... flip pancake... chase both kids to their bedroom... "get ready for bed... it's in 10 min (me)"... pour another pancake... (grrr... kid #2 is back in the kitchen & is getting baby out of highchair... I'm not ready for her to be out yet)...yell to husband, "can you help out for a minute"... husband reply "to do what?"... my reply "get the boys in bed"...hear the yells of kid #1 "high school musical is on!" (thinking...they've seen it 3 times already)...hear boys running through the house to leap onto my bed to watch the show... hear sounds of husband playing with kids on the bed & thinking, it's past their bedtime & we are trying to get on a schedule for school...flip pancake... go to bathroom to run baby's bath water... yell to husband to get baby ready for bath...back to kitchen to plate last pancake & cover in hopes they will still be warm when I eventually get to eat... give baby a bath...sidetrack with wet baby to boys bedroom in another attempt to get them in bed....dry off, lotion & pj's on baby...yell at kids one more time to get in bed & be quiet...pick up baby...back in boys bedroom for goodnight kisses...to living room to nurse spastic baby who's ate too many pears & would rather play...baby nurses while climbing me & stretching me in way's I shouldn't be stretched...baby to bed... back to boys room because i hear lots of giggles... looking in bottom bunk for kid #1 who's missing... still hear giggles...kid #1 & kid #2 are both in top bunk begging to sleep together & promising to be good (yeah, right... this adds at least another 30 min before they go to sleep)... at this point, I say "sure I don't care" because I'm hungry for pancakes...back to kitchen to fix & eat my pancakes...which were really good by the way... end time, 9pm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just think what it would be like if you had 4 children. It makes me tired just to read this!

Blog Archive