Thursday, August 23, 2007

Catching up...

Okay, I know it's been a while since I've posted. It's been busy, so I'll have to catch you up on what's happening here. Sunday night Chandler was baptized! Yay! He was so excited all day & he did great. I didn't get any pictures (they took some at church & will mail to us) but I took a couple clips from the video I filmed.


Last night at church was our grand finale of VBS. We had a 7 week program on Wednesday nights... the theme for the summer was Wild Man Will's 7 World Wonders. Corby was "Wild Man Will"... the main character. He did great & I finally got to see a performance last night (I was behind the scenes taking care of registration all the other weeks). Here's a pic from the performance (that's him in the middle with the vest & hat on). You can check out a video clip the Shelby Star did on it.


Also last night we had an exotic animal trainer come & do a show. His name was Dan Breeding & he was great talking about the animals he brought, but he also talked about how God makes & uses the animals and put a Christian emphasis on the whole program. He brought a huge owl, some kind of sloth/monkey, a porcupine and an alligator. All the kids had a chance at the end of the program to pet the alligator.




Kensley has been a spaz all week. She yells all of the time & does this claw thing with her hand and growls. She is SO loud! (she doesn't get it honest... ya think?) She's also got a new "look" this week if she is remotely displeased with something. It's very funny. I've tried to capture with a picture, but it just doesn't do it justice. Here's a few pictures of it.


The boys had school orientation tonight. They went to their classes & met their teachers. Chandler has no clue who his teacher is despite the fact that I've told him at least 50 times. I really don't think he cares. He's still in summer vacation mode. She seems really nice & I've heard great things about her. He doesn't have any of his buddies from the past 2 years in there, but he's a social butterfly & will do fine. Carter really likes his teacher. We actually went to church with her for several years when we were at Zion. He knows about 5 kids in his class, so he should feel really comfortable in there. He's ready to go to kindergarten. I really don't think we've made as big of a deal with him like we did with Chandler. I guess because he's the second & we've "been there, done that". They both start on Monday.

No comments:

Blog Archive