Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A trip to Concord Mills

The thought of taking 3 kids shopping for a whole day stresses me out... especially if it's by myself. I went today to get Kensley's car seat at Concord Mills. I was kind of excited because I haven't been there in so long, but then again... I was taking 3 kids shopping. They did GREAT! I was so proud of them. The boys took turns pushing the stroller & riding in it too.. I had the sit & stand. Kensley didn't fuss at all. We walked around a while & I let the boys play in the play area while I fed Kensley, we had lunch, ice cream & rode the merry-go-round & shopped some more. Right when we were getting ready to leave Kensley started fussing a little, but she was tired & fell asleep right away when we got in the car. We stopped at the airport on the way home & watched some planes land and take-off. I even got in a quick trip into Sam's for a few things.

I meant to post this Sunday night... it's funny. We had a church-wide social at Challenger 3 on Sunday night. The preacher announced it Sunday morning and also said that for some reason every year they have it, it rains. We went last year & it had just rained before we got there. On the way there, I could tell the clouds were rolling in and it was starting to thunder. We got through the food line & the bottom dropped out. Everyone was sitting under a big picnic shelter, but still we were outside in the midst of it all during a severe thunderstorm. Lightning was cracking left & right & we even saw one strike hit a tree & knock a limb off. It was loud! I asked the boys on the way home if they were scared and Carter said in his country voice "i was a little bit, but I just sucked it up".... I busted out laughing.

No comments:

Blog Archive