Monday, April 9, 2007

My nose is itching...

... and I can't stop scratching it & sneezing. Spring is so pretty, but so painful. My head feels like it's in a balloon & my eyes are swollen. As the day has progressed, so have the intensity of my allergies. We've all got something. I took Kensley to the doctor today. She has an ear infection. Lord help.... if she gets one more thing.... agh!! Carter has the snots & Chandler's eyes were getting red this afternoon. Corby has a headache, but he said it's because he wore a hat all day.. ha, ha! We are supposed to have pictures made on Thursday, should be interesting to see if we all have puffy eyes & red noses.

On another note, the kids are on spring break this week. I was really looking forward to sleeping in this week, but I don't think Miss Priss is going to allow it. She was up at 6:45 this morning. I put her in bed with me & that bought another 30 minutes, but that was it. I stayed up late last night working on cards thinking I would get a chance to rest today, but it didn't happen. It's interesting to me to how my mind automatically goes to "what in the world am I going to do with my kids this week?" I hate to say this, but having kids in school & preschool really helps me have a much calmer day. I know I have several hours that I only have to worry about entertaining one kid, and she's the easy one. I used to think, when Chandler was a baby, that it was so hard taking care of a baby & how it much be so much easier when he would be older... NOT! Now, I think Kensley is the easy one. She doesn't talk back, she only cries if she's sleepy or hungry (that's usually not that much because I have her on a schedule & can predict those things) and I can put her somewhere & know she's not going to ransack the room. Carter is having a bit of an attitude this past couple days. Corby & I both feel he has a spanking coming. He's just asking for it sometimes. Last night he was twisting & convulsing his body all over this place & I asked what he was doing & he said "shaking all the meanness out of me". That should tell you something when he knows he's doing it. He come in from outside today & said, "Mom, I shaked all the mean out of me again & left it outside." This is all despite the fact that he's arguing & complaining about what's for supper & he spit food in his brothers face tonight while eating. Like I said, we feel a "whoopin" coming.

No comments:

Blog Archive