Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ahhh summer...

Mostly, I love summer. I love the laziness of summer. However, when it's drawing near the end of it there are things that I start to dislike. One of the main things is the lack of a schedule. I start out strong in the beginning and usually after we get back from vacation I have just totally dumped the routine. Therefore leaving a whole month of hectic craziness to endure. Late to rise... late to bed is getting old. I love my kids, but around 8pm... well, I'm rather tired of them. Every person needs a break... at least for a couple hours. I need time to wind down & relax and with 3 kids that usually doesn't happen before 10pm in the summer. Even the 3 year old is going strong at the late hour. I'm ready for 8:30 bedtimes and a few hours of tv, scrapbooking, cardmaking, reading or whatever I need to do to wind down at the end of the day.

Even in all things... be thankful. When I think about them getting on my nerves, I am more thankful for the time that I get to spend with my kids. The fact that I am home with them for the summer... going to the pool, watching movies, being lazy, taking trips, going to grandparents & friends... is worth every bit of it.

Here's what I love about summer and dread about it ending:
-I love having no homework for the summer. I don't like getting back into it full force within a day or two of starting school.
-I love sleeping late. I'm a night owl so this suits me well. I don't like having to wake up to an alarm every day of the week.
-I love coming home from the pool and taking a nap. Being wiped out because we are all so tired from the heat is a great feeling. I don't like sitting in the car rider line to pick up my kids when it's still 100 degrees and knowing I have to come home to start homework with them.
-I love eating all the fresh fruits and veggies of the summer. They are plentiful and fairly reasonable priced at the grocery stores. I don't like going back to the carbs after the summer crop is gone (because I'm not paying $7 for a 1/4 of a watermelon).
-I love an afternoon thunderstorm in the summer. I can smell it coming. I don't like rain in the fall. It's cold and reminds me that winter is just around the corner.

No comments:

Blog Archive