Okay, so I lied. No, I haven't updated my blog as often as I had said a few weeks ago. Yes, it's just been that crazy around here. But, I do want to share with you a few things that I have learned this week...
1. Fantastick Oxy Power spray pretty much cleans anything. Buy some. I cleaned the nasty baked on, caked on, never-comin-off stuff that develops in the trays under the burners on my oven. I've cleaned these things for years & never got all the stuff off of them. Last night I did. All of it. It also gets stains (paint being one of them) out of clothes & cleans the carpet. Buy some!
2. Another cleaning tip. Tilex Mold & Mildew spray magically makes nasty shower curtains look brand new. Just hold your nose, spray it down from top to bottom & the next time you get in the shower, the nasty moldy stuff is gone. It's splendid, I tell ya! (Thanks for the tip Renee)
3. Black shoes make my feet stink. I'm sure you didn't care to know that, but I've worn 3 different pairs of black shoes this week... flops, crocs & regular shoes. Me feet stink in all of them.
4. I hate the time of year when you have to switch out clothes for the season. Our house is small, therefore closets are small, so I don't have room to keep everything for both winter & summer in one place. I will go as long as I can before I have to break into the the good-old storage totes in the corner of my bedroom or tucked away in the depths of my storage building. I dug this week. I didn't like it. One bit. However, (rejoice in the Lord always) I found a whole bunch of stuff for the boys that I totally forgot I had.
On a more serious note, this one in food for thought...
5. Rejoice in the Lord always... we are reading the book "Crazy Love" by Frances Chan in our small group. It's a great book & just 3 chapters in, I've already learned a ton about they way that God views me & how I should really view Him. We are not put on earth to be self-centered people that thinks everything is about us and what God is doing for us. It about HIM... and only Him. We should rejoice in EVERYTHING that we do.... good & bad. So I've said that phrase, oh, about a hundred times this week. Because, yes, we are supposed to rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice. Try it. See what happens.
So what is your food for thought this week... anything. I want to hear from you.
- ► 2011 (53)
- ► 2010 (85)
- ▼ 2009 (98)
- ► 2008 (129)
- ► 2007 (140)