Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Weekend & slide shows

I took so many pics (who, me???) so I had to make 2 slide shows of our weekend. The first is Lazy 5 & the other is the rest of the Easter festivities.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Lazy 5 Ranch 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Easter 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Thursday after school, I had the boys do a scavenger hunt around the house for their Easter basket items. They really liked that. I just gave Kensley her basket because, well, she can't read for clues & it's hard enough for her to find eggs. After all the partying we had during the week, we continued on for the weekend. Me & the kids packed up & headed to Statesville for the weekend. We got there Friday night amidst all the down pouring rain we endured along the way. Then Saturday morning was my nephew, Preston's 2nd birthday (sorry, no pics of that), the afternoon we headed to Mooresville to the Lazy 5 Ranch where Corby met up with us for the rest of the weekend. The kids always love this place. Personally, I love to watch them & take pics, but I don't care to touch the animals. Yuk! You'll see why in some of the pictures. I swear they fed a Holstein cow that had a tongue that was 2 feet long! Saturday night the kids dyed eggs & then some very sleepy kids were off to bed. Sunday morning we got up & dressed in our (well, the kids at least) new pretty clothes & headed off to church. Sunday afternoon we enjoyed a wonderful lunch and MamMaw had planned lots of fun games & activities. We had an egg hunt, egg toss, 3 legged race & scavenger hunt. Oh & we celebrated another nephew's birthday too... Nathan is turning 5. Whew! There was plenty of corn hole for the men & some of the women too... I did participate in one game... and lots of fun just being with family.

(Unfortunately, I have a thing now when I visit family...I get sick. I started off Friday night with a sore throat which proceeded to get worse over the weekend & by Sunday I was feeling pretty bad. Stinks, I know. Carter had strep throat last week, so I'm afraid that I probably caught his germs. Corby came home Sunday night & was sick all day Monday with a stomach bug... maybe i gave him my "thing".)

Sunday night me & the kids packed up & headed to Granite Falls to my parents house. It rained the whole time we were there, but my Dad took a couple days off & the boys were plenty entertained helping him. By the way, I want to wish my Daddy a Happy Birthday last Saturday... love you Daddy! and my parents at Happy 35th Anniversary yesterday! Love you both!

Monday I was out of commission most of the day. I thought my throat was the size of a watermelon when I woke up Monday morning, so I laid low most of the day and Mom & Daddy entertained the kids all day for me. Finally after lots of meds, I felt a little better by the evening and finally got a good nights rest that night. Tuesday, it was still raining and the kids were getting bored, so we decided that we would do an indoor egg hunt for the kids. They loved it! Then in the afternoon Mimi & PawPaw took the boys to the Catawba Science Center in Hickory while me & Kensley stayed behind & took a nap. We headed home after supper Tues. night.

It was a nice time to spend with both families and already our spring break is almost over. I guess the rest of the week we will just hand around here & hope for better weather so we can get outside & have some fun. Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Blog Archive