Sunday, March 15, 2009

We've graduated to the toddler bed

Well, it's that time... the move from the crib to the toddler bed. I've fought it long enough, but I guess many mornings of not being ready to creep out of bed to go get my hollering toddler has pushed me on over. I said that I would keep Kensley in her crib until I was forced to get her out of it but I was wrong or either I feel forced to get her out now. I liked her being contained until her mouth drove us crazy. Here's what I mean.



Almost every morning.... well, at least every morning we tried to sleep in... we have been awakened to this. Our house is small & unless you jump right out of bed to get her, EVERYONE wakes up. It was getting old!

I've had a toddler bed in my parents basement for the past year & I decided it's time. I didn't feel the sadness that I've felt before... kind of like I'm letting go of one of the last things of my baby. I was ready & she was too. We had a successful night... she stayed put... and this morning she came running into the bedroom about 7:20 am & I don't even think Corby woke up.

3 comments:

Stetson in Stilettos said...

But her voice is just soo cute :-D
hahaha. I love your blog and keeping up with your family. And I'm jealous of how neat it looks.

Ashleigh said...

Her voice IS so precious. I had to listen twice!! I hate to even think of a house without a crib in it! Sad.

EngineersFalcon said...

She is adorable - that is what my little one's toddler beds looked like. It brought back SO many memories! The hard one for me was the last big girl bed!

Blog Archive