Thursday, February 26, 2009

California here we come!




Well, we made it... we are in San Jose, CA. I was so nervous about flying b/c this was my first flight ever, but all went well & we are enjoying the crisp, sunny air of CA. It's in the low 60's here, not as warm as I expected, but it's beautiful. The city is really cool & lots of things to see. We are surrounded by moutains on all sides & the views are spectacular. I'll have plenty to take pictures of and tell all about. I'm mainly going to use my blog so my kids can see where we've been & what we've seen, so if there are too many details on here for you... sorry!

Yesterday we flew from Charlotte to Dallas, TX. Didn't see much but clouds... no big deal. But when we flew out of Dallas for San Jose the view was amazing! We flew over TX, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada & CA of course. We saw so many flat lands of absolutely nothing but perfect squares, circles & rectangles. Then we got to see the Grand Canyon which was amazing! We also saw the Sierra Nevada Mountains which were snow capped & very high, the Rio Grande river (I think that's what the pilot said), Death Valley & Monterey Bay in San Fransisco. There were lots more things that I saw, but not sure what & where they were. I have never been so astounded at God's creation and getting that birds eye view of it. I really wished I had my camera out. Hopefully on the ride home we'll have a clear view & I'll have my camera handy.

Until next time... I'm having a hard time finding a wi-fi spot around here that you don't have to pay an arm & leg for. Toodles!

1 comment:

EngineersFalcon said...

I come from "many flat lands of absolutely nothing but perfect squares, circles & rectangles" land and it is amazing to fly over. Hope you have a fab trip. Looking forward to the pics!

Blog Archive