Monday, November 3, 2008

Election anticipation

***I'm not trying to stir up anything by posting this, just stating my opinions... as a Christian***

I just got an email... supposedly one sent by Beth Moore about Kay Arthur (2 well respected Christian authors)... that was very disturbing & this pressed me to post something again about the election tomorrow. I kept telling myself, it's too late, but then I hear a voice say, "it's never too late" so Lord I'm listening & I'm posting...

Our pastor preached a great message yesterday. He was very open about what the Bible says in reference to government and his opinion on this matter (which I happen to wholeheartedly agree with). A video was shown right before he got up to speak that talked about the values that are at stake with this election... the original foundation of a family, the life of an unborn child, moral issues, integrity and lots more. One thing I've said all along is that this election is not about Republican or Democrat for me. It's not even about who is going to give us the lowest taxes or who's plan is going to get us out of this economy down spiral. This election is about one thing: MORAL VALUES. In my opinion only one man stands for what this country was founded on... and his name is NOT Obama. It's not that I think McCain is some great Christian and is going to swoop in redeem all of our problems, but it's the fact that he stands against all the stuff that will take this country even further from God. Our pastor made this comment in his sermon yesterday that has stuck to me like glue: "how we vote allows us to decide what kind of judgement we can incur on ourselves (as a nation)." Then taking what I saw in the video & putting 2 & 2 together... in my own words, if you vote for Obama , you (we as a nation) are incurring the judgement of God on our nation for allowing abortions, gay marriages, moral value decline... you get the picture. I don't want that judgement for me & my family. I don't want to reciprocate the wrath of what one man thinks is okay just because he says this nation needs "change". The change we need is not something that takes us farther from God... the change we need is to get back to the original foundations of government and what this country was founded on.

The passage of scripture that is referenced in the sermon come from Romans 13:1-7 & the introduction to the message says this:
Paul, in this text, says that the way we relate to our government is an indication of our commitment to Christ.
So what is your commitment to Christ? Are you a Christian? Do you stand for someone just because he says he can change this country? Is it really about fixing all the problems of our nation or is it about fixing our ONE NATION UNDER GOD.... think about it....

If you have 30 min to watch or listen to this message I would highly suggest you do that.
http://putnambaptist.org/video/2008/11_02am.php

3 comments:

Just the way that I am said...

This election has worried me from the start and I just want it to be done. I haven't prayed about it as much as I should but I have done more research than I have in the past. We need to keep praying for our contry even after today. Thanks for being honest and open. Love ya ~Dori

Anonymous said...

Amen, and Amen!
You make me proud dear daughter!
Mom

Pollock Family said...

I certainly agree, but whatever happens today, we have to trust that God is still in control and always will be! I hope this dreary, rainy day isn't a sign of things to come...someone told me the other day that you know how people call it a Bush-Nation? Well, if he wins, it will be an Obama-nation---get it, "abomination?!?" Scary, huh?

Blog Archive