Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's late... and I'm still up

I've really got to get back into the routine of going to bed at a decent hour. Summer is quickly winding down & I'm not ready for it. I love sleeping late & staying up late... because I can. However, the boys are in camp this week... much to their dislike... so I'm having to get up early. I'm calling it a practice run for school. I've got a lot to get ready for PTO and winding down with VBS at church, getting WeeRuns consignment stuff ready, blah, blah, blah. I've officially committed to not clean, well, straighten & organize my house until school starts. It's pointless with 3 kids running around all day. But come that first week of school, I've already warned the boys that stuff will start to disappear from their rooms. They are not happy.

On to other, more amusing things. I haven't really posted about Kensley lately. Her personality is SO cute right now. This age is so fun, but also very challenging. She's so sweet and loving and such a girl. But she's also very "moody" and starting to sass a little bit...it's an "almost 2" thing. One of her favorite things right now is "blum" or chewing gum as most people call it. She loves to chew it and is getting better at actually keeping it in her mouth, but it's getting to where she tries to demand it everywhere we go. She thinks if she says it enough, I'll give in. Sometimes I do, but if she swallows it, that's all... no more. Girl ain't takin no for an answer! She screamed "BLUM, BLUM, BLUM... " over & over in Wal-Mart the other day, at the Y yesterday & at Office Max today. It's quite embarrassing. She's also starting to stomp her foot, but it's not really a stomp, it's more of a light toe tap. One of my favorite things she is saying right now is "tiss-ees". When it's time for bed, I'll tell her it's night night time & she says "go gee bubba's tisses" (that's go give bubba kisses). I could just eat her up when she says it. She'll run to wherever they are & say "tissee, bubba" and pucker. She really adores her brothers and I'm sure she's going to be super bored when they go back to school. She loves to play in their room with them & I've found her several times making "brrmmm" sounds while pushing a car around. I'm committed that is NOT what little girls should be doing. So, when school starts back, I'm going to shut their door & we'll have to bust out the baby dolls again.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Kendra - My girl is SO sassy! I'm talking hands-on-hips, finger-pointing kind of sassy! While it is cute, I am having to control my giggles and get on her case about it because I am all to familiar with what it can become (I was a sassy girl myself). Totally on another topic, I am officially stealing thecutestblogontheblock. I am tired of being jealous of your pretty blog and so I am stealing it. Sorry. Hope you don't mind. Also, I have emailed Monica Reid because I fell in love with your pictures. They are beautiful.

EngineersFalcon said...

I am doing my little one's ABC book and I almost put "Sassy" for the S page! It must be a little girl thing. They are cute though!

Blog Archive