Thursday, July 31, 2008

You know it's summer when...

...your house never stays clean (because you have 3 kids at home)...you step on toys at any given moment (again...those 3 kids)...you are sunburned from the pool (from taking the kids to the pool 3-4 times a week)...you run out of bread after 2 days (from making 5,000 pb & j sandwiches for 2 of those 3 kids)...your blog goes a long time without being updated (because when you have time to sit down & breath, you don't want to use any energy to think of what to write)....

So that's how my summer is going. We've finally got into a groove & the kids have been great... just full of energy. Now that I'm adjusting to summer, it's almost over. We've been busy bees all summer long. Since the new YMCA opened in Boiling Springs this week, I'm trying to start exercising on a regular basis. So far, so good (I know it's only been a week... a not even a full on at that... but hey, I'm doing something). Trips to the waterpark, playdates, birthday parties, the beach and the beach again has made the summer fly by. As busy as we've been and as much as I want to get back into a routine, I must say that I am not looking forward to school starting back. Yes, my house will probably be more manageable but I do not look forward to juggling homework, sports, naps for an almost 2 year old, early bedtime, getting kids up & dressed & out the door before 8:00 and packing 2 lunches almost everyday. It stresses me out just thinking about it. I LOVE being able to sleep in... we sleep until at least 8 and most of the time 8:30 or 9 every morning. But it's life & you deal with it as it's dealt to you. So here's to 25 more days of summer break...may they be fun, filled with lots of laughter (and sleep, ha!) and go very slowly.

1 comment:

EngineersFalcon said...

I love your family beach picture, it is beautiful. I am glad to know my blog is not the only one neglected by "brain-sucked-out-by-summer" syndrome. Summer is fabulous but we have been way busier than during the school year. I will have to check out the boiling springs y- I have heard wonderful things.

Blog Archive