Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The sweet heart of a child

My kids have done some really cute & sweet things in the past couple days. Kind of makes you forget about all the frustrating stuff and just want to love on them. Kensley has started saying thank you when you give her something. It's not just once in a while, it's every time. I gave her breakfast this morning and she says "kink yooooo"... I give her snack, same thing, and on and on. It is SO adorable. I'll have to get it on video and post (...along with her dancing too). Yesterday, Chandler was saying his bedtime prayers and he asked the Lord to place his hands on his PapPaw Dwayne as he's traveling far away so He will keep him safe... ah, that was touching. We went to Gastonia this afternoon and saw a wreck happen that involved several cars and a man on a motorcycle. I don't think the man was hurt bad because he was walking around, but Carter was very concerned about him. So tonight when they were praying, Carter prayed that God would help that man who was in the wreck that he wouldn't have a big cut and the other car that was hit too... thank you that the engine did not explode. How sweet is that...and funny about the engine thing too. This was not something that I prompted or reminded them to do, it was on their hearts.

I can totally tell that Chandler "gets it" being a Christian and is growing in his faith more and more. He frequently discusses what they learn in church and reminds all of us when we need to be more aware of what the Bible says we should do and that we should read our Bible more. (That's good accountability coming from an 8 year old) I can also tell that Carter is becoming more aware of what it means to be a Christian and he has asked several times how do you become one. I pray that he will make that decision one day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is too precious!! They are so sweet because they have learned it from you=) I had a great time at lunch let's do coffee next week?

Mamascraps said...

How precious is this! I know you are so proud of them. We enjoyed going through Disney this past Christmas for the first time in I don't know how many years. You feel like a kid again, lol. I love reading your blog :)

Blog Archive