Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm complaining

I have 2 complaints tonight... nothing I can really do anything about, just need to vent a little. First of all, this whole daylight savings time is for the birds. I am hating getting up in the dark at 7 am every morning & having to pry my kids out of bed with a chisel & hammer. It's just the pits. The longer days are great, except for the fact that my boys argue every time I tell them to come inside at 7 pm. "It's still daytime mommy!". Yes, I know, but it's time to get ready for bed. Anyway, on to complaint number 2. Gas... holy smoly... it's ridiculous how much gas prices have shot up the past couple weeks. I had to get gas today... 3.27 a gallon was the cheapest I found... I bought $50 and I didn't even fill the tank all the way. Bless you people who drive SUV's & big trucks. I would be sitting at home all the time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell all your friends to boycott Exxon and Mobil. Go get gas somewhere else. Maybe if enough people will do it they will bring the prices down.Let Exxon and Mobil eat some of their high prices!

Mommy Confidential said...

I really really hate daylight savings. I feel like I'm the meanest mom ever making my kids get in bed when it's light out and it's doubly hard getting them up when I don't even want to get up.
R

Unknown said...

I here you girl!! We are suppose to go to Fl. at hte end of spring break and I think we are going to have to take out a loan just for the gas to get there. UGH!!! And on the time change. It takes me forever to wind down at night and I told Bailey this morning that if I still taught I would be late everyday because I wouldn't be able to get up in the complete dark and drive to school when the sun is just starting to shine.

The Gardner Gang said...

Yes and Amen! I put the boys to bed either late or when it's still light. This is the bad time change I rather like the one in the fall. I put the kids to bed early and if they argue I just say HEY it's dark. This too shall pass.
H

Blog Archive