Thursday, July 26, 2007

No... this is NOT Days Inn

That's been my line for the past several weeks as I answer my phone expecting someone to be calling me, not a hotel. The Days Inn here in Shelby is one number different from our phone number. I assumed most people mis-dial the number, but I've had 2 people just recently tell me that it's published as MY number... AUGHHHHH! Our number is so easy and apparently everyone else thinks so too because we are 1 number different than Hallelujah Acres & Days Inn, our number is pretty close to Union Elementary School & Crossroads Ministries and our number used to be that of Hudson Mobil Home Movers...all businesses that are called frequently. I have seriously considered getting it changed, but don't want to go through all the hassle of changing it with everything that we are tied to and have been for the past 7 years. We've had messages for people to move their trailers with details & directions where to take it, people have placed orders on our answering machine (from Hallelujah Acres) and messages from people who sound really confused wondering why the business they called is answering as a family. Do people not listen to the fact that my answering machine says "you have reached the Haneline's. we can't take your call now so leave us a message"... does that sounds anything at all like a business??? It's so aggravating. When we first moved here, I literally said on my answering machine that "this is NOT Hudson Mobile Home movers or Hallelujah Acres" and people still left messages for them.

No comments:

Blog Archive