Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Fa, la, la, la, la...

Seriously... April. Was. My. Last. Post.

I obviously suck at blogging.  But whatever.

Ok, so greetings... Merry Christmas and all!  Tis the season for ragged moms frantically searching for last minute Christmas gifts.  Like me... searching for a cheerleading uniform for my daughter.  Because she decided to add that last minute gem to her letter to Santa.  Last night.  Which she sent by way of the Elf on the Shelf.

{clicky clicky clicky}... that's me scouring the internet trying to find something I can order and be shipped in a couple days.  FAIL.  Unless you are a size 2T or 4T girl...or you want to pay $80 for a random uniform... or are a "ris-kay" football cheerleader wanna-be with scraps of fabric covering important parts... I caint find nuthin!  Santa might have to send an IOU this year.

The hooplah of the season graces our home as well as probably most everyone else in the US.  I vowed this year to not buy as much as last year.  And this year, as well as every other year, I have failed miserably.  I think I end up buying more every year.  It's all those little things that keep adding up.

The hubs as been asking for about 2 weeks now when we are going to get our yearly dose of Christmas fiber... I mean chex mix.  Seriously, why do people only make this stuff at Christmas?  It's not a red & green treat and I can easily make it year  round.  But I don't.  Yes, I know you can buy the bagged version of it and it's nowhere near as good.  So I bought a box of cereal here and a bag of nuts there and last night finally put them all together into some salty goodness.  I bake mine... no microwaving here.

I had chex mix for a late night snack...chex mix for breakfast...chex mix for lunch...and I'm sure I'll have chex mix on at least 2 more occasions today.  Bathroom beware.

...la, la, la.laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

No comments:

Blog Archive