Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Imaginary Friends

Kensley has a new friend. Her name is Shugup (as in shoog-up). She first appeared after we got out of the shower yesterday morning. Kensley was holding "her" in her hands & then proceeded to lay her down on the edge of the bathtub & cover it with a clean, dry washcloth. "Hey Mommy... see my friend? Her name is Shugup. She taked a shower with us & now she's clean." Yesterday I sat on her several times. Over the course of the day she mutilplied to two. Now we have a male to add to the mix. His name is Ticcup (as in ti-cup... kind of like hiccup). I'm not sure if it's the brother or boyfriend or what. She played with her new friends all day yesterday. Then when it was time for bed, I was in the boys room getting them settled & she came in crying. I asked what was wrong & she said "I don't want Ticcup to sleep in my room tonight because he's a boy & boys can't sleep in my room. Where can he sleep?" I told her to ask the boys in he could sleep in there & they looked at me as if I were stupid. So Ticcup stayed in our room last night... on the dresser beside the bed & behind the lotion.

First thing this morning she went to get him. Apparently today they are living in an empty Bottle Cap sucker jar which she has carried around a good part of the day. And just as she was going to lay down for a nap a while ago, she had to go back to our room & put Ticcup behind the lotion again. Because, after all, he is a boy & he can't sleep in girls rooms.

Should be an interesting week. I'll keep you posted.

PS... I finally took down my Christmas decorations. Inside. Still need the outside ones put up as well. Maybe when it warms up.

No comments:

Blog Archive