Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fantasy Football

I was cleaning off the cabinet today & an article that Corby had opened in his Sports Illustrated sparked my attention. It was talking about Fantasy Sports online. You know... Fantasy Football, Baseball, Basketball... you name it they've got it. There is a group called WAFS (Women Against Fantasy Sports) that a fantasy widow created for women to complain & post horror stories about their husbands. Apparently they are trying to ban together to get rid of it all together. I can understand why after reading this article. The article stated that the US will lose an estimated $9.2 billion in work hours this season. What! That's huge. My husband is one of those Fantasy Freaks...but I'll have to admit I have my own time consuming interests... blogging, facebook, stamping, just to name a few. He has a group with his college buddies, work buddies, other friends... oh, I don't really know, but I do think he has more than one. I'm just curious if there are any other "fantasy widows" out there whose husbands watching every game on tv & checking the computer 10 times a night just to see how their stats rank?

3 comments:

EngineersFalcon said...

Well, I must confess, I am a foremr Fantasy Football Geek. For years I could tell you all my players stats, their schedules, injuries, and watched with much anticipation every game. I loved draft day - planning who I was going to draft, what my backup plan was, who complimented who in a good starting line-up. Those were great days. However, babies and video games fought for my time, and 3 years ago won. I was FF before it was computerized or cool!

Pollock Family said...

I am most definitely a Fantasy Sports widow, along with a YMCA widow, an NC State football widow, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, Sporting News, playstation, and anything else sports-related in the world! I've already heard about that women's thing...actually David sent it to me a couple of weeks ago. I'm all for it! David is addicted and obsessed and I get left w/all of the responsibility at home. I HATE it b/c it takes up all of David's time and away from me and the boys. I'm so sick of it and would love to be able to do something about it. All of that has definitely turned me against sports! Unfortunately, I have to put up with most sports activities b/c I have 2 boys who also love sports. I am going to do whatever I can to discourage them from doing it someday!

Unknown said...

I'm not ashamed to admit that I have two FF teams this year. My family back home is big into football so we decided to make an Americans v. Canadians.. I'm having fun actually.

Blog Archive