Saturday, June 21, 2008

Beach Bums

Me and the kids went to Myrtle Beach this past week with my parents. (Corby couldn't join us because it was the first week of summer camp & he also had a trip the last part of the week to Florida for a training.) We had a great time. It was fun to get away & play in the sand & water for a week. Kensley loved the beach (except when she was sleepy...all she wanted was Beebee). She dug in the sand & ate some too, but her favorite part was a pool of water that was left on the beach when the tide was out. Each day it was different... some days deeper, some days more shallow & wider... but it was constant entertainment for all the kids. We played putt-putt one night, went to an arcade one night, shopped a few nights and went to Broadway at the Beach. I don't have pictures from that yet (they are on my parents camera), but the kids had a blast there. We did our first Build-A-Bear for Kensley & they have a new thing for boys (same concept as B-A-B) called RidZ where you build a car. They really liked that a lot. The weather was almost perfect, although we did have a couple spouts of rain. As much as I hate to leave the beach each time I go, we all missed Daddy terribly, so we were ready to be home to see him. I'm thankful to my parents for putting up with us for the week & treating us to a nice vacation.
** Still waiting on Corby to get home. I got a text saying his flight was delayed an hour, so it will be late tonight. ***

1 comment:

Heather said...

Kendra - I love Kensley's hair! I remember when Lily had the same hair. I was so frustrated with it at the time but when it was longer and the "Pebbles" look was no more I was actually sad about it! :) Your kids are beautiful!

Blog Archive