Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How neat do you sleep?

As I was making the bed this morning, I was thinking about how easy it was for me to just pull the covers up & throw the pillows on the bed...2 minutes, max. I've been at my parents for the past few days & I slept in my old bed. I discovered that I'm a very neat sleeper. Meaning, I don't throw the covers everywhere & rip them from being tucked in at the bottom. When I got in bed on Sunday night, I pulled down the quilt & got in bed. I didn't even untuck the covers from one side of the bed. I didn't have to share it with anyone, so it stayed nice & neat the whole time. On the other hand, Corby is a very messy sleeper. I have to fix the covers nightly in our bed at home. (I have this thing about having everything even & in place... it makes me sleep better. I also, have to have the flat sheet touching me... no blankets.) He can't stand for his feet to feel trapped, so he almost always pulls the covers out from the bottom... this just sets you up for a mess of the covers. When he turns in bed, he takes the covers with him. Over the past 11 years, he is slowly learning how to turn without taking all the covers with him. It's still messy every day... and no, I don't hardly ever make up my bed at home, so it stays messy until we get in bed at night.

I'm curious... how neat do you sleep? I would love for you to post some comments. I'll do a wrap up when they all come in.

7 comments:

Mommy Confidential said...

It's hilarious that you posted about sleep habits. Mike and I are also polar opposites. I can't stand for the sheets to be askew or for the blankets to be touching me either. But Mike's favorite way to sleep (I'm going to assume it's a throwback from when he was a kid and didn't put up his clothes) is in a big 'ol pile of stuff. Of course this drives me crazy and I will not allow it, so I can only assume when I'm out of town he empties the hamper and blanket closet..Somehow, he's still my favorite person to sleep with, or maybe I'm just used to the craziness. Also, I'm the cover stealer here. R

Pollock Family said...

We are in the exact same situation here! I've fussed at David for years about sleeping neater! When he's not here, I,too, can just pull up the covers and I'm done. But, when he's here, the entire bed has to be remade b/c he pulls out the bottom and steals the covers so they're all hanging down on 1 side. I, too, must have the flat sheet on me and everything tucked in! It must be another male/female thing!

Unknown said...

I can do the same thing..climb into a bed and have it almost perfect in the morning. Brandon on the other hand, cannot have the bottom sheet tucked in and likes to roll himself up in the blankets.. we fight over who gets to hog the blankets though. I don't care much about having anything tucked in and our bed is rarely made.

Unknown said...

I am an extremely neat sleeper! I have to have the sheet tucked back over the comforter and the sheet tucked in at the foot of the bed. It drives me crazy to wake up in the middle of the night and my bed to not be put together. Bailey however could care less and is a blanket steeler. I'm always folding the sheets back on his side of the bed in the middle of the night too. I can't complain about him to bad though because he always helps make up the bed in the morning. Which I have to make up my bed first thing when I wake up. My philosphy is that if my bed is made 90% of the room is clean. There now you know how OCD I really am!

The Gardner Gang said...

Andy is the one who messes up the bed at our house. He dose this terrible thing when he rolls over he scoots and most of the time pulls the bottom sheet off on that corner. He and I rarley go to bed together so I get to bed and finda bunch of bottom sheet in the middle of the bed. I have to fix it before I get in. My most ocd thing is that I have to have clean sheats. I love to crawl into a bed with fresh sheets. I limit myself to changing them once a week but would do it more often. I also like to make my bed every day but it dosen't always happen. If I dont make it though the kids get "kid cooties" in it. Which is just the sand that seems to seep from their pours. How do they do that?
H

Heather said...

Must be a girl thing. I need my bed to be nice and neat or I can't sleep. Funny.

Joy Bruza said...

Well after reading all the other comments I have concluded I must sleep like a guy. Both Chad and I must tuck the covers under our feet or we can't sleep. I am more insistent then he is though, as he has to let one foot hang out 'for air'. We both hog the covers, but I hog the entire bed. Poor guy, he has a little edge. Needless to say, our bed is a wreck in the morning. I don't make it as much as I should so we always have to completely redo the covers before we get in--and yes, with the flat sheet on the bottom): oh, one more thing, I have a feeling all the neat sleepers out there can go to bed beautiful and wake up the same. How nice for you): I wake up with my hair on end, literally.

Blog Archive