Saturday, January 26, 2008

Just plain ole tired

I'm in a bit of a funk. I guess the kids having a 3 day break and a snow day last week has put me in a mood. I don't want to get out of bed in the morning, I don't want to do housework, I'm tired & sleepy all day (doesn't really help that I napped most every day the kids were out of school), I don't feel good and my kids are getting on my nerves. Yes, I admitted it. I actually told Corby one day, as my baby was screaming & hanging onto my pants and the boys were wrestling and running all over the house, that I was tired of being Mommy today. I've got to get my act together and snap out of it. Whack!... (that's me slapping myself back into reality.)

I guess I'm just tired and feeling a bit of the winter blues, but the Lord knows how to get me right where He needs me. I read an article in a magazine tonight... as I mustered up enough umph to clean out the growing stack of papers & "stuff" growing on my kitchen counter...that lifted my spirits a bit. It talked about the endless jobs of a mom and you really never get a break from it, but you have to do it anyway. We've all been there... we have our highs & lows and I guess I'm in my lows right now. However, it also talked about the rewards of being a mom and the little things they do that we love and makes it all worth it at the end of the day. It also gave 3 principles that you should practice everyday: A. W. E.
A - show lots of Affection.
W - fill your home with Warmth.
E - provide tons of Encouragement.

Yes, I'll have my bad days, but in the end, I love being a Mom and I love my kids and my family. I love having the opportunity to be at home with them (... even when they drive me crazy). As long as I keep in check with God and He keeps showing me tidbits along the way of where I need to be spiritually, I'll be fine.

1 comment:

The Gardner Gang said...

I totaly know the "tired of being a mommy today" feeling. I have often thought back to the days when I was sitting in front of one of my little darlings saying "say mommy say mommy oh come on just say ma ma" then there are days I wish I could change my name. But like you on the whole I love being mommy.
H

Blog Archive