Sunday, November 4, 2007

Standing up


Well, Kensley turned 13 months old today. I want to hold on to the line "she just turned 1" but I'm a month out now, so I guess I'll revert back to the month age system again. She hit another milestone today... she's stood up on her own. We were laying on the air mattress in the floor at my parents house & she was off & on for a while until she decided she wanted to stand up. She would stand up, keep her balance for a few seconds, then drop to her butt. Once we clapped and "yayed" a few times, she would try to do it even faster and fall even faster but laughed every time. The longest she stood was probably 20 to 30 seconds. I know that's not much, but she's that much closer to walking now... and I'm not looking forward to that. It's so cute when they do walk, but then the baby is gone... they are officially toddlers then. I'm trying to hold on to my "baby" as long as I can since she's my last. Of course as soon as I left to go get the camera, she quit doing it.

All the kids have the "crud". We had a jinx last year that every time we went to my parents house one of them would get sick. I know it's just bad timing, but it all came out Saturday morning when Chandler woke up with the barking cough, Kensley had a green crusted nose and red, runny eyes and Carter sneezed all day. I really hope we don't start that again this year. It's really not my parents house, because I know they've picked up whatever bug they have before we get there, it just always seems to hit them after we get there.

We are waiting for Corby to come home. He's been in Jacksonville, FL since Thursday (that's why we went away for the weekend) at a First Tee conference. The boys ask everyday, "how many more days til Daddy gets home?" We will all be very happy to see him on Tuesday.

No comments:

Blog Archive