Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Child of the Kingdom

We have great news... Chandler became a Christian about a month ago. He ran up to me in the van after church & said "mommy, mommy, I asked Jesus to come live in my heart!" He was so excited. (I must admit though, I was a little surprised. We've been talking about for about a year now, but he's never really seemed serious about it. I guess that was the Lord working on him & paving the way for it now.) We asked him how it happened & what he did and he told us he prayed in Sunday School. So, when we got home from church we talked to him more & Corby prayed with him to make sure he understood what he was doing. HOW EXCITING!!

Anyway, that happened the week before we went to the beach so we missed a Sunday while on vacation, so we talked to him Saturday night and explained what it meant to "walk the aisle"... as we Baptists call it...and that he would need to go up in church and tell the pastor. He was a little nervous about it, but very excited at the same time. He went up front this Sunday and Corby & I walked with him. The first thing he told the pastor was "I felt like I was going to puke walking up here!" The pastor laughed pretty good & joked back that he felt the same way sometimes when he gets up to preach. At the end of service when the pastor introduced Chandler to the congregation, he said, "well, he had a little Corby moment when he came up here and said he felt like he was going to puke"... of course everyone laughed.

Chandler is very excited to get "bab-i-tized" as he calls it... that's coming up Sunday night. I asked him tonight why he's so excited and he said "because I'm glad that Jesus is living in my heart". How filling to hear those words uttered from your child's mouth. To know that his life is given to Christ. Now, it's our job as parents to nurture & grow that new faith.

No comments:

Blog Archive